Put up or shut up time, Cody. (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, September 03, 2014, 10:58 (3526 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I've been playing it since June dude.

False.

First of all you know my stance on rewards. Actually playing the game should be the reward, not a couple of flipped bits on a server.

And yet you're here today making arguments about how being locked out of running Raids multiple times in the same week with the same character is somehow akin to Prometheus being bound to the rock, or some shit.

You're really coming off as talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Troubling for you though should be that a lot of the achievements won't actually be hard, but will have the illusion of being hard. A bounty that has you get 50 precision kills for example is fake hard. Getting a precision kill is easy. You are really just doing 50 easy things, which seems hard because it takes some time. That's an actual bounty that I completed in the Beta. I'm sure the raid and strikes will have a skill component, but gearing up for those is what's going to be fake hard, with collecting / grinding exotic currency, marks, glimmer, light, etc to gear yourself up for them.

Not troubling at all. Those are longevity goals. I'll get 200 precision kills eventually, no rush. I don't need to get 200 precision kills in a row or anything.

Your hyper-reductionism is mind-boggling sometimes, man. It's almost as if you're setting out to deliberately drain the fun out of your experience. Before release, even.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread