Put up or shut up time, Cody. (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, September 03, 2014, 06:35 (3526 days ago) @ Cody Miller

A massive part of the problem here is the reduction in your appraisal of the game that you haven't yet played down to essentially "this will be a waste of my time if I'm not able to earn all of the things, all of the time", which really seems contradictory to your stance that all investment is contrived and makes for bad games.

One would think you wouldn't want a static experience. But I guess some of us just have to burn all the way through to the endgame content off the break.

A significant point that I think is being overlooked here is that the effort kind of infuses the reward with worth beyond the simple stat boosts. What you put into earning it is what makes it valuable. If you're just going to sprint through the game with your eye on the prize, I find it hard to believe you're going to get as much out of performing exactly the same actions as someone who doesn't share your mentality.

Chew your steak. Savor each bite. Don't be the dog that gorges and then whines for more.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread