Lockout (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 14:05 (3527 days ago) @ Monochron

Worse than that, say you are super lucky and have 5 friends who all want to play raids, have a copy of destiny, and all have it on the same console you do. Now say one or two of them play the raid that week with some other people and get locked out.

Now you are shit out of luck. Looks like you have to wait a week to play that game mode and hope that you friends will only stick to your group next week.

No, no. It is a reward lockout, not a gameplay lockout. In the Q&A on last week's Weekly Update it says:

Q: How does looting work in Destiny Raids?

Luke: The loot you get is private to you - just like the rest of the game.

Obtaining loot from a given encounter means that character is not eligible to receive loot from the same encounter again in a given calendar week. This is often referred to as a "Lockout."

Same thing with the Crucible was seen in the beta. After four days of heavy play I managed to fill the progress circle and the game told me I wouldn't earn more Crucible Marks... it didn't stop me from playing. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread