Put up or shut up time, Cody. (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, September 03, 2014, 09:12 (3526 days ago) @ Malagate
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, September 03, 2014, 09:15

A massive part of the problem here is the reduction in your appraisal of the game that you haven't yet played

I've been playing it since June dude.

A significant point that I think is being overlooked here is that the effort kind of infuses the reward with worth beyond the simple stat boosts. What you put into earning it is what makes it valuable. If you're just going to sprint through the game with your eye on the prize, I find it hard to believe you're going to get as much out of performing exactly the same actions as someone who doesn't share your mentality.

First of all you know my stance on rewards. Actually playing the game should be the reward, not a couple of flipped bits on a server.

Troubling for you though should be that a lot of the achievements won't actually be hard, but will have the illusion of being hard. A bounty that has you get 50 precision kills for example is fake hard. Getting a precision kill is easy. You are really just doing 50 easy things, which seems hard because it takes some time. That's an actual bounty that I completed in the Beta. I'm sure the raid and strikes will have a skill component, but gearing up for those is what's going to be fake hard, with collecting / grinding exotic currency, marks, glimmer, light, etc to gear yourself up for them.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread