Things warframe learned from Destiny... (Destiny)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, May 02, 2015, 19:22 (3282 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Can you really not think of an example on your own and have to be spoon fed?

Why did you think it necessary to spoon-feed me on the first aspect, then? All I'm calling for is consistency. (Not really, I just want to point out how I completely disagree with your second aspect without just saying "I disagree".)

Racing game. You've programmed it to be realistic, calculating tire friction, weight shifting, and the like. But if you are on the Sega genesis, and you only have 8 sprites for your car, you can't even represent all the subtleties of your game physics! You'd need to upgrade to a 3D renderer where the car can lean, have individual tire rotation, and skid for that to even work.

Nope, because when you do go for graphical realism, you usually have to compromise some aspects of the physics, or else no system can handle it. I, for one, would rather have grip realistically calculated in real time than for the sun to realistically gleam on the drops of rain on my hood (gorgeous, but wtf).

Also, you're coming from the point of view that immersion is everything. I respect that, but I disagree that it is an absolute thing to achieve. I play Just Dance, for instance, not being one single bit immersed in it on purpose and I still have fun, which, as far as I know, is the ultimate goal in playing a game just for kicks.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread