So I tried Warframe, and here's the thing (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, May 05, 2015, 15:10 (3281 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

It's like what if the Mako was a person, but didn't have a huge gun, and couldn't climb mountains.

So you're saying Destiny::Warframe what Mako::Getting out of the Mako?

That's pretty accurate, actually. Inside the Mako you have fun movement and a great gun, but you're stuck on that one world and you can't go into any buildings and you can only do missions that are "kill some dudes." Outside of the Mako you can talk to people, do more complex missions, get back on your ship and fly to other worlds, use 2 guns (and a sword in Warframe) and your class "magic" powers, and engage in trade and crafting.

--

I LOVE the way you move around in Destiny. I love the feel of the guns. Those elements are FANTASTIC. They are also dramatically smoother and better than the movement and guns of Warframe, IMO.

BUT, Warframe has more game there. A lot more. And it has a lot more to do, and doing those things is a lot less repetitive. And while the gunplay isn't as smooth as Destiny, it's still present and varied. The enemies are more tactical. The melee is dramatically better and more in depth. The crafting is great. And - huge - the loot system is much more progress oriented than RNG-based.

Get out of the tutorial, finish acquiring all of the components of your Liset, and tell me you aren't suddenly drowning in things to do. When I first understood the scope and scale of Warframe, it was overwhelming.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread