My initial rating would have been higher but... (Destiny)

by scarab @, Monday, May 04, 2015, 08:37 (3282 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I pretty much agree with all you said which is why I stopped playing in December but this part intrigued me because I've seen a few people say it but I'm not sure what they mean.

On top of that, the AI is crap. I expected a lot more from a Bungie FPS.

What is crap about it?

I don't think I had any complaints about it when I was playing.

I have criticised Bungie's AI in the past because it seemed to stay fairly static after the initial great start in the first game.

But my complaints were directed at how poor the AI was when applied to allies, it was fine for enemies. And the AI undermined Bungie's story telling ambitions. For example: our Spartan allies in Reach were unconvincing as people and were horribly inept. It seemed that the only change implemented for Reach was that Spartans moved slowly whilst under fire because it looked kool (or something). I got that one from a developer comment and you can see it towards the end when Emile is with you and he tries to shotgun enemies from a distance and he walks, slowly, around like a pink human pin-cushion, grunting as he takes needler fire.

But none of that matters for enemies.

What is it about Destiny enemy AI that bothers you. Are other games any better? What could Bungie improve and how?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread