More things Destiny should learn from Warframe (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Monday, May 04, 2015, 16:19 (3281 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I'm terrible with dates. All I know is that when I google the release date for both games, I get:
Destiny: September 9, 2014
Warframe: October 24, 2012

Oh man, you're right. PS4 Warframe came out later than PC, it seems. I just learned a thing! Warframe on PS4: November 15, 2013. So the game was more than a year old before it hit consoles. I didn't know that.

All I was saying is that that is a fair chunk of time to learn how to do this type of game better. To improve it. Warframe has a lot of experience under it's belt, Destiny doesn't.

But Bungie has a lot of experience with FPS games under their belt, and lots of things they got right in the Halo games they got wrong in Destiny (see my above rant post if you can stand it without your eyes bleeding or anything).

I'm glad you still have faith, but I think I'm burned on Destiny.

Being burned on a game is the fault of both the game designer and the user. I am a little burned myself, but that doesn't mean that Destiny is a bad game.

I don't think it's a bad game. I think it has bad gameplay. Overall I think it's a 7/10, but the game mechanics, specifically, are bad.

For Destiny 2, I'll be taking a wait-and-see approach. I just hope they don't do something like give pre-orders a sweet gun that you will never be able to get if you wait to see how the game is before buying it.

I understand your reason to wait and see. I also really don't like the whole "buy this early and get this" or "Buy for this console and get this" but again, as I mentioned before, I hate marketing.

We agree! (about marketing).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread