Cars are not games (Destiny)

by Durandal, Monday, May 04, 2015, 12:18 (3281 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Warframe's graphics and such didn't move me, but I can accept a different asthetic. I absolutely hate the ship voice, but I probably could deal with it.

The main turnoff is that there are all theses fantastic classes and you can't play any of them without paying. You can only die three times without paying. You missed out on all this gear from events that happened before you played the game.

Neverwinter is the same way. There is a huge gear/time hurdle to get into the game. Time I've already invested into Destiny. Is Warframe that much better that I should shuck it all and switch?

Right now the answer is no. In the future it might change. But the same points people make about Warframe improving over time also applies to Destiny, if at a lower frequency due to the slower update cycle on the big time games.

Warframe is F2P, so it has a whole different model that requires those constant updates to work. Destiny is the other way around, they get money up front and have a long term investment strategy.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread