Priorities (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 07, 2015, 18:18 (3064 days ago) @ Korny

The only thing that I wanted out of Destiny's events that I've yet to see is permanence; none of the events have had any long-lasting effect on the game world. Is the Sparrow League the first step towards rebuilding the Golden Age? Is it the first stage of a panem et circences decline?
Who knows? I hope it gets a bit of story expansion down the road, but I'm more than happy to enjoy it for what it is now, which is a fun new way to enjoy the Destiny Universe.

There's something about building our in-game actions and behaviour into Destiny's canon that really amuses me. My favorite grimoire card is the one written from the Cabal's perspective, where they're talking about the Guardians being this perplexing group of wreckles maniacs who obsessively hoard equipment and stop mid-combat to dance with each other. The SRL plays into this idea perfectly. What must the Vex or Fallen be thinking as we enter enemy territory to race our sparrows? We don't even stop to shoot back as they try to murder us :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread