Hi Kettle (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Wednesday, December 09, 2015, 01:46 (3063 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Avateur, Wednesday, December 09, 2015, 02:02

If we don't get another expansion, what makes you so certain that it'll be because of these events? Maybe Bungie decided that it'd be smarter to have everyone focusing on Destiny 2, with a smaller team working on stuff like this so we have a few new diversions?

All I said was I wanted meatier content. Cody pointed out that the priorities appeared to not be in that direction. I agreed with him. I never claimed to be 99.999% (or any %) sure of anything one way or the other. I've called it temporary, meangingless throw-away filler. I also never claimed that these particular events would slow anything down. Ragashingo made it about that. Again, what I did say is that I see an issue with this type of content, especially since it's temporary, and would prefer something meatier.

I'm am 100% sure they're working on new substantial content in one form or another. His point was that these events aren't the cause of us possibility not getting HoW sized DLC. For anyone to say so is asinine, unless that person works at Bungie and knows the plan.

I think the key here is the "in one form of another" that you mentioned. I don't believe that "one form or another" has anything to do with Destiny (this game). You may be right in that Bungie may have decided to pull all the things to work on a big blowout awesomeness that will be Destiny 2. In the same way that I do not view Halo 3 as the same game as Halo 2, I do not view a potential Destiny 2 as the same thing as Destiny. If this year two is to be filled with nothing more than events and temporary substitute content instead of continued story/beefy expansions, I find that unfortunate. All signs appear to be pointing in that direction. I could be wrong on that. I've never claimed to have a high amount of certainty or percentage that I would be right on this fact. Gut feeling says I will be, but I'd love to be wrong prior to Destiny 2.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread