Duh (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Monday, December 07, 2015, 02:57 (3064 days ago) @ Mid7night
edited by Avateur, Monday, December 07, 2015, 03:02

What you lump into the bucket of "meaningless temporary filler" is a bit broad, i.e. Anything not "paid DLC" (and you don't seem that happy with THAT stuff either), honestly I wonder sometimes why you even play this game...

Taken King rocks, and I've stated as much. The meaningless, temporary filler doesn't need to be temporary. The masks don't have to disappear. The racing league doesn't have to leave.

As for why I play the game, it's a fun time to play with my friends and such! You would know how much I love and enjoy the game if you played with me more, but you only show up when you need people to carry you through the things you can't beat by yourself or with other people. And you usually show up after we've already been on for 6+ hours playing all of the fun and awesome things of the day once or multiple times, yet there we are still willing to help you, even if we were all about to go to bed! Sometimes I wonder why I even...

I will agree that "meaningless temporary filler" isn't meaty or worth much, but by definition it was not designed to be. However, I disagree that the SRL is in that same bucket. I would argue that it's quite clear this is an experiment, and how it is received will determine its future fate (they basically said as much in the Vidoc).

So you're agreeing that it's not designed to be worth much? Then why are we even having this discussion if we're in agreement on my key point? Even if it's not meaty, it could stick around! But hey, if it's not designed to be worth much, and you're in agreement, I guess we're good on this point.

Also, paper sitting on a shelf may last for a very long time, but a paper craft that you play with on a daily basis definitely will not last more than a couple weeks. I'd be surprised if it lasted more than a couple days. (I can't believe I just typed that...me continuing to argue on the comparison of real life papercraft to a digital versions "life span" is almost as ludicrous as you drawing the tangential parallel to begin with)

It won't? Never had that problem, and I actually have a few paper crafts and masks that I've had for years and use(d) quite frequently. Go figure. Maybe you need to get your BR up on your arts and crafts so that they'll last longer. Also, I can believe you just typed it. It's like when you show up on Xbox Live and we help you even when your requests are ludicrous. There's just this compulsion, mostly because I enjoy doing things in Destiny. Frankly, I'm glad you responded, because hey, it's not like every subject or debate is gonna be meaty or worth much.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread