Priorities (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, December 06, 2015, 17:50 (3065 days ago) @ Ragashingo

What is it that you were actually hoping for in the few months following The Taken King? What would it have taken to keep you from being a downer? If these free updates aren't good enough what would have satisfied you?

There's just no winning, sometimes. Folks complain that Destiny is designed to force them to keep playing and feel like they can't put the game down . . . then turn around and complain that Bungie isn't giving them a reason to continue playing.

I'm not saying you do this Cody. There is a difference between the loot and grinding system designed to keep players plugging away and adding substantial content that would make players want to revisit the game, I understand that.

I'm just saying, in general, it seems like Bungie cannot win over the vocal minority. For the past year we've heard all about how many want some sort of racing gametype. They finally deliver it, and all people can do is bitch about it (Yep, even I'm guilty of it). It's just unfortunate. I really think that Bungie tries to do the right thing more often than not, but they just can't satisfy everyone. Seriously, I can't even imagine what it's like to be a game developer. It must be absolutely heartbreaking like 90% of the time. People just tear your hard work apart like it's nothing.

On a related side note: I feel really bad for the folks over at Crystal Dynamics. I just started playing Tomb Raider a few days ago, and it's really good, but it's been largely ignored, I feel like. And that's a shame.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread