Priorities (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, December 07, 2015, 07:40 (3065 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It's a bit unclear. They definitely said this is a three week event. But they also very clearly said the popularity and feedback they get will determine if the Sparrow Racing League is something that gets continued development time. I'd guess this first event is a trial run and the plan is for Sparrow racing to go away for a bit then to bring it back with improvements based on feedback or to scrap it if the feedback is intensely negative.

Events like this are something that I really wanted, but not the way I wanted them... But that's not a bad thing...

I wanted limited-time events that employ new mechanics or missions, with exclusive rewards (even cosmetic), that would be something that folks would be able to talk about and reminisce down the road. The first Queen's Wrath was much like this, with modifier-based story missions, exclusive gear and weapons (I still have my Supremacy), and it was a one-time thing.

In other games with similar events, the unique mechanics might show up again much further down the road, presenting players another opportunity at unique rewards, or they get expanded upon and become permanent additions.

The only thing that I wanted out of Destiny's events that I've yet to see is permanence; none of the events have had any long-lasting effect on the game world. Is the Sparrow League the first step towards rebuilding the Golden Age? Is it the first stage of a panem et circences decline?
Who knows? I hope it gets a bit of story expansion down the road, but I'm more than happy to enjoy it for what it is now, which is a fun new way to enjoy the Destiny Universe.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread