It's NOT Over (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 20, 2016, 00:04 (2928 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, June 20, 2016, 00:09

I watched a video recently where Datto posed a question to the community:

What did you like better in terms of weapons, Year One or Year Two? Year One had a handful of weapons that were really really good and sought after by the community, whereas Year Two had nothing that was head and shoulders above anything else, and so a lot more stuff was usable.

I prefer year two, and if it continues into Year Three then I think I can not want to kill myself while playing this game.

If Year Three is a time where:
1. Most of your Legendaries are viable on the tougher content
2. The truly unique weapons are available via quest and not RNG (Touch of Malice, Sleeper Simulant, Black Spindle, etc)
3. Said weapons are not universally overpowered.
4. There is no grinding to the raid.
5. There is no grinding to the Hard Mode raid.

Then I can probably find a way to live with that.

Destiny is full of time wasting and soul crushing design decisions, but there's also a small nugget of some of the best stuff I've seen from a game. If their systems let me ignore most of the idiocy, at the expense of getting cool gear / exotics / etc, and I can just focus on the challenges, then there might be hope for the next 7 years.

I'll never have a Jade Rabbit, and while that sucks, the alternative sucks even more. It's a sacrifice that I think I can make. If the game were designed properly, I would not have to make this choice. But it is.

I'm hoping to play the story, raid, hard raid, then be done till the next expansion. I don't intend to repeat anything unless for fun.

I look forward to seeing if this is possible in the fall and moving forward.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread