+1, and then some. (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, June 20, 2016, 18:15 (2927 days ago) @ unoudid
edited by dogcow, Monday, June 20, 2016, 18:19

Vision was great because of the Full Auto, Field Scout & Zen Moment. Elemental damage was just a plus. Tread upon stars can be great with the right perks. But the fact that we have to grind and grind and grind in order to get those perks. It's not worth just not worth the grind typically.

Same situation with Fatebringer. The combination of set perks is just impossible to beat. RNG ruins the fun of trying to get that same weapon now.

Those primaries were just extremely solid rolls that were fairly easy to get. It was one layer of RNG compared to the two layers of RNG with the current strike specific versions. First is to get a drop, second is to get the right perks. The year one versions had an extremely high chance of dropping compared to the year two double rng versions.

This is the perfect example illustrating why I hate random rolls. A weapon's name should be tied to the perks (IMHO). If Bungie wants there to be more variety to the weapons then they could simply add more either/or perks to the columns.

Edit: Oh, you got Imago Loop! That's a great gun! Oh, the roll you got is decent (it could be a lot better, but it's not bad...).
Or, Oh! I got Imago Loop! Sweet! Hey, is this roll any good for that weapon? I don't even know all the possible perks for this gun!

That's a let down. Way to spoil the fun investment team. :-P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread