+1, and then some. (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 20, 2016, 17:48 (2927 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, June 20, 2016, 17:53

The grind is definitely there, ohhh yes, I just don't know that the best weapons were really that important. But, that was just my experience, of course.

They are even less important now. Removing elements from primaries helped so much in this regard.

I still think you are crazy on this one :)

The elemental damage was never the problem. Take away arc damage and Fatebringer was still far and away the best PvE primary in year 1. Mythoclast was a beast not because of the solar damage, but because it is a fusion rifle that fires like an AR. The elemental damages were just icing on the cake.

On the flip side, look at the year 1 Trials Adept weapons. None of them were overpowered (Messenger in PvP aside), yet they were all effective and fun to use. Bungie gave them good but not godlike stats making them great for PvP, and the elemental damage helped make them worth using in PvE.

Look what we have now that elemental primaries are gone: The raid primaries suck. Bungie wanted to avoid another fatebringer (which is understandable) so they gave all the raid primaries mediocre stats and a couple good perks. If they still had elemental damage, they'd be worth using in specific scenarios. Same goes with the year 2 Trials weapons. But instead we are left with a selection of underwhelming weapons (unless you happen to get the perfect roll on a Doctrine of Passing).

Look at the Strike Primaries: they are meant to basically be the old raid weapons. Treads Upon Stars is straight up a Vision of Confluence without solar. But does it dominate the scout rifle metagame like VoC did? No… Imago loop is fatebringer, and even with the same perks it doesn't; dominate. These weapons still have much the same stats, yet aren't overpowered at all. That might have a little to do with the perks being nerfed (field scout), but I think lack of elemental damage has a lot to do with it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread