+1, and then some. (Destiny)

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Monday, June 20, 2016, 14:06 (3021 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Mybproblem with year one in retrospect was that because certain weapons were so powerful and dominant, you kind of had to get them to be competitive in places. [...] If you didn't have them, you were at a definite disadvantage. For some content like Crotas end hard mode, it was extremely punishing even with the best gear. I can only imagine doing it if all you had were non raid legendaries.

To reply seriously for a moment, I don't actually know what you're talking about, here? I can't speak for Trials, but I'd always done well, and everyone insulted my choice of gun for a reason.

You definitely have a point about Crota's End Hard Mode with only non-raid Legendaries, but doing it with two non-raid Legendaries and an Exotic worked out pretty well for me, the time I played it before the level cap raise. (Though we didn't get Crota, Ir Yut gave me a Gjallarhorn, that run.) They weren't even my preferred Legendaries, for that matter. Most of it was... Silimar's Wrath, whatever that Sniper whose flavor text was Closer Than You Think, and Dragon's Breath, I think.

The grind is definitely there, ohhh yes, I just don't know that the best weapons were really that important. But, that was just my experience, of course.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread