+1, and then some. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, June 20, 2016, 14:45 (3021 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I would much rather have all primaries brought up to the effectiveness of year 1 Hawkmoon or Thorn in terms of their ability to fire accurately and predictably at mid-long range. If that makes time-to-kill too fast, then lower damage values. That's fine.

It doesn't work that way with hand canons. You can't just lower damage values. They do all their damage at once, in few shots. If you lower the damage values and you can kill with the same number of shots, it's pointless. If you do it such that you take one more shot, then now you have lowered the time to kill by a whopping 25%.

I think the damage falloff change actually makes sense. Again, last night I had no problem hitting at range, but the shots weren't as damaging. This keeps hand canons powerful enough in mid range, and still able to work long range but just not as effectively.

My experience isn't matching everyone else's when it comes to distance shots.

I'm also not specifically thinking about hand cannons. I haven't even tried them since last week's update, so I can't speak to how they're doing right now. Most pulse, scout, and auto rifles suffer from a general lack of range and stability unless you happen to get a very specific perk combos. That's why we saw a sudden explosion of Mida Multitool usage: it's one of the few primaries in the game who's shots land exactly where you expect them to, every single time.

I also agree that damage fall-off is a great way to keep hand cannons in check with the rest of the sandbox... I just don't like how squirmy and unpredictable they've been since TTK launched.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread