+1, and then some. (Destiny)

by Harmanimus @, Monday, June 20, 2016, 18:32 (3020 days ago) @ unoudid

I think this gets to the root of things more soundly when you think about it. Personally, after getting elemental primaries in Y1, I only used them for PvE content. Part of it was optimal rolls. Part of it was the damage type. Being able to have a weapon of each element meant I didn't need to select my subclass to allow flexibility.

TUS, even without FA/Zen/FS is still one of my favorite Y2 scout rifles. I actually used Vision for solar damage more than anything. I even shifted to using Abyss Defiant for solar damage, because I actually prefer autorifles, except when I needed extra range. And while I really like Word of Crota (it was my PvP main for the later part of Y1) I only used it in PvE when I needed Void damage in high bursts and steadily.

Personally, I think a better option for balancing would be to have established rolls that are available for weapons that can be balanced to not suck but also not be too amazing, and hand out those based on a dozen or so combos per archetype, take some of the frustration of roll-chasing out at the very least. But I don't think elemental legendaries is either icing or the cake, as it depends upon the weapons. However, I think Cody is right that elemental exotic primaries should be more of a thing. Not necessarily all of them, but more than the handful we have now. Zhalo is neat, but not overpowering. It works best against adds and when you need arc damage. There are definitely some less-spectacular weapons that could stand to have a boost as exotics (Such as Boolean Gemini for starters) where elemental damage wouldn't require a complete retooling and would instead provide that last nudge to make them more useful as exotics.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread