+1, and then some. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, June 20, 2016, 18:45 (3020 days ago) @ unoudid

I'd mostly agree with you. Yes, it's triple RNG. But the fact that we now have 100% infusion rate pretty much negates the issues. I'm fine with the way infusion works now.

Yes, right now it's not so bad. 1-to-1 infusion plus the plentiful access to high level drops are both a pleasant change of pace. I'm just not convinced that things will stay this way.

Not to sound overly pessimistic or jaded, but Bungie does not have a good track record when it comes to end-game loot and progression systems. Vanilla had the horrible 20-26 hump, followed by the VoG grind. They said they'd make things better with TDB, but that was just as bad. HoW finally seemed like a huge step forward (I'd argue it still stands as the best version of Destiny's loot and leveling systems). Then TTK came along and ruined all that for another couple months. Challenge mode finally helped us rank up a bit faster, but I'd argue that it ruined the raid for many of us in the process (because finding a group who simply wants to run the raid is surprisingly difficult to do now). The April update is again an improvement, but it reminds me of House of Wolves in that I feel like we're in the "let's just let the player base go nuts and have fun for a little while before we drop another expansion and reset the grind" zone.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread