+1, and then some. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, June 20, 2016, 20:09 (3020 days ago) @ Harmanimus

I get that side of it, all I'm saying is that I don't find most of the current primaries fun or satisfying to use. They're balanced because they're all equally crappy, if that makes sense. They just don't handle or function very well, aside from a few exceptions.

And for the most part I don't feel I have this trouble with many primaries. I do focus on trying to use them in their intended ranges and tend not to have much trouble. There are definitely outliers that feel like they need certain perks to be viable, but most of the primaries I use are flexible and feel like they work where intended.

Maybe I run into a little bit of inconsistency, but that's more to do with the networking and not the weapons. Usually with hand cannons it is most noticeable. But sometimes I have it with MIDA even. I already feel that the damage and scale of risk-reward/ttk have been getting better and have more to do with the feeling of balance than everything just being made weak/inaccurate.

My general feeling is that it is harder to hit targets with most primary weapons than it should be.

Most year 2 Pulse Rifles have a sideways-slant to their recoil pattern, making it fairly tricky to hit headshots without several rounds of each burst missing the target. I find I need multiple stability perks on a PR to make it usable in the crucible.

I find most auto rifles have a bit too much recoil. I'm ok with a certain lack of accuracy on ARs, but I tend to prefer the idea of wider bullet spread rather than having your aim climb around all over the place. I don't think ARs are generally powerful enough to warrant the amount of recoil they tend to have (recoil on a machine gun is a different story, IMO). Again, specific perks make a HUGE difference here. Meaning ARs with stability perks are always the ones that see the most use.

Scout Rifles are generally in a better place than most other primaries, IMO. I find them the best class of weapon when it comes to having your bullets land exactly where you want them to, at any range. So much so that I can get in close range with my Mida and often out-gun an enemy AR user, because my hip fire is so much more stable and controllable than his. And again, stability is the difference maker when it comes to the PvP side of things. I see Mida and Hung Jury getting used all over the place, game after game after game. Meanwhile I rarely see the Iron Banner or Trials scout rifles because they don't have the same level of accuracy.

Finally, hand cannons have been notoriously inaccurate since TTK launched. I find I can still do ok with them from time to time, but I really need to crank up the range stat as much as possible for the weapon to be useful. If I get a hand cannon without a high base range stat & a range perk on top of it, I don't even bother with it anymore.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread