+1, and then some. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, June 20, 2016, 13:37 (2927 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I preferred Year One in terms of actual weapons. They were cool, overpowered, and fun to use. Year Two weapons are mostly boring by comparison. Fatebringer is still my favorite gun in the game--nothing else even comes close.

I prefer Year Two in the paths you can take to acquire weapons. It's just straight up better. More of that please.

I never play Crucible, so OP weapons don't matter to me. Bring 'em on. Separate PvE and PvP weapons if that needs to happen, but bring back my fun, interesting, OP guns for PvE, please.

I find the year 2 weapons dull, boring, and often frustrating compared to the year 1 weapons. Too many of the current perks are boring and/or useless, and too many of the year 2 weapons are dependant on specific perks to make them viable.

I do think PvP balance is better now than it was in year 1, but Bungie has achieved that balance by making the majority of the primary weapons worse. It's surprisingly difficult to find a primary weapon that allows my shots to land where I expect them to.

I've brought this up before, but I also believe removing elemental damage from primary weapons was a huge mistake. It added another layer to weapon selection, and gave Bungie a way to make weapons strong in PvE without making them overpowered for PvP.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread