Positive Revival

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, August 16, 2013, 19:31 (3913 days ago) @ PerseusSpartacus

That's easy. I want non-recharging health. My three favorite Halo games, Halo 1, ODST, and Reach all had non-recharging health and I think that's one of the factors that made them more fun to play. It means that enemy balance can be adjusted to be less instantly powerful. It always felt like in the other Halos (2, 3, 4) that enemies have to be powerful enough to kill you dead very quickly because if they don't it's like they didn't shoot you at all. But in the good Halos they could be a bit less powerful allowing for more player maneuvering and stuff because maybe you survive a mostly failed flank on that Elite, but now you've got one bar of health and a hard battle in the next room. It made you more cautious. It made you play well because playing poorly had longer term consequences.

Hmm… technically this isn't a returning feature since Reach had it, so:

I want my ODST style map back. Halo 4 did a great job making the Chief feel like a super soldier in a powerful suit of armor, but ODST made me feel like I was playing in the future. While I have no evidence for it I think we'll get a map again. I hope I'm right.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread