Positive Revival

by Avateur @, Sunday, August 18, 2013, 10:04 (3911 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Avateur, Sunday, August 18, 2013, 10:08

Brought it back... from where? (And why?)

As others pointed out, I was referring to Marathon. As for the why, well, why not? There's apparently a competitive multiplayer "area" (or maybe not? I don't think we have many details on it yet), and in that area I could see a limit of 2-3 at a time. But when you're out in the world, and if everyone's weapons are different or potentially useful within certain types of situations, why not allow you to carry whatever you find?

Rockets, shotgun (double-shotty carrying in Marathon, might I add!), AR, etc.

The strategy in itself is choosing which one fits the situation best, especially when conserving ammo is a priority because you might not come across anymore after the initial pickups.

I enjoy the added strategy required to maximize your weaponry when there's a hard limit on what you can carry. I don't think I'd mind it if you could, say, store all of your loot in the Citadel, and choose what to use as you went out on each foray... but I LIKE that in a given situation, you're limited - two, three, either is fine with me. (I think I'd be fine if you could PICK UP more than that... but all but your primary weapons should be stored away in some relatively inaccessible place; no swapping in the heat of battle.)

I like threads like these because of responses like this. It takes an idea and allows tweaking for it. There is some strategy to it, especially if you can come across weapons or loot or whatever that maybe an enemy drops (if that's a thing in Destiny) and start gathering. Maybe you can't just take it out and use it right after it's obtained if you have your main three, but it'd be nice to take back and store at the main home base later for if you want to use it on future journeys.

At the same time, I'd love to have, say, a sniper rifle, maybe that blue lightning gun, and a pistol as my main three, but say I'm out in some area with some massive enemy thing and it's not a public event. Maybe I only went in with one or two buddies, and we could really use a bit more. And one of us is carrying some form of a rocket launcher as a fourth weapon, a type of wild card with really low ammo, but holy cow would it come in handy. Just one of those "thank goodness!" moments.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread