Positive Revival

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, August 18, 2013, 15:15 (3911 days ago) @ Cody Miller

"An inventory being defined as a specific number of slots to hold things, in which any item can go."

Can you put a grenade in a weapon slot in Halo? Can you put a weapon in a grenade slot in Halo? Can you put a piece of equipment anywhere but your equipment slot? Why do I bother to type things if people don't read them. It's not hard to understand, so I'm assuming you just didn't read it.

Halo does not have an inventory.

But does it really invalidates his point? Just swap whenever he said 'inventory' with 'weapon slots'.

Also, your point that management becomes a lot less complex when you have more people around is missing an important part, namely that, sometimes, one or more of the players will be nigh-useless. I'm sorry, but I'd rather have a not-perfectly-prepared-for-all-situations group weapon assignments and all having fun than a every-damn-enemy-dies-within-seconds assignment with half the group waiting out half the engagements.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread