Current Destiny inventory system *IMG*

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, August 18, 2013, 21:31 (3911 days ago) @ PerseusSpartacus

[image]

I honestly don't know how to make head or tail of that picture. The top thing seems to suggest we're looking at the 'Avatar' menu, not the 'Inventory' menu - this fits with the buttons on the right, which look like they should be for the different clothing/armor items. Furthermore, there's four buttons on the left which look like they are for guns. Is anybody able to understand what's going on here?

Vale,
Perseus

It is a little clearer in the video, but basically the way I understand it is that like I said it's pretty clear the warlock has 3 weapon slots based on the left part of the image (we're not sure what the slot above it is since they don't hover over it, my bet right now is on their SPACE MAGIC). If you watch the video, when he hovers over each weapon a grid expands to the left of the image showing additional weapons and a lot of empty grid slots, but only some weapons appear when hovered over each section meaning that most likely weapons are separated into categories. SO based on that assumption you can have 3 different weapons from different classes equipped at any one time, but you can carry MORE than 3 weapons at a time, you just have 3 that are quickly accessible.

So I believe (mere speculation) that it is on the Avatar section because this is where you manage what is equipped on your character, and inventory is where you will most likely just see a list of items that you have. This kind of system should be familiar to any RPG fans, where you equip items in a separate screen from the inventory screen.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread