Positive Revival

by PerseusSpartacus, G'rndl Prime, Sunday, August 18, 2013, 14:06 (3911 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I like how I went to the trouble of defining what an inventory is, because I knew someone would try and say something you just did. THE WEAPONS SLOTS IN HALO ARE NOT AN INVENTORY. Re-read the last two sentences of the post you replied to.

I just did, and you said "An inventory being defined as a specific number of slots to hold things, in which any item can go." This would include Halo, and naturally Destiny. So I was right to say 'inventory'.

You are completely discounting the point I made, where a smart group of players will never have to adapt and adjust, because between them they can have everything they'll need to tackle any given area. Don't have the right weapon? Someone in your party does, let him take care of it.

Yes, it makes it easier. However, which would be easier:

A) You have a group of four players, all with three weapons apiece, or
B) You have a group of four players, all able to switch between every weapon they own in the heat of battle.

I think the choice is self-evident. Three weapons apiece is harder. I honestly don't see why you're so dead-set against a Halo-style inventory (albeit modified to fit an MMORPG-style game) - it's infinitely better than the alternative. If you want a Marathon or Unreal Tournament-style weapon choice design, then you can probably find it inside multiplayer PvP matches - that's the only place where it makes sense. Outside of PvP, there's no understandable reason for anything other than a Halo-style inventory.

Vale,
Perseus

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread