Josh Hamrick translated (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Saturday, January 20, 2018, 19:11 (2285 days ago) @ CyberKN

I was gonna write something here, but then it just got bitter and sad instead of biting and witty. Josh said pretty much nothing. We learned his timeline is long and bends towards vagueness. Season 3 was mentioned as when you can expect the first changes (and we JUST started season 2 with CoO), and "end of the year" was mentioned as when we can expect the first of the other changes, with more after that. WHAT? It's January 2018 and the sandbox team is basically telling us to play a different game until 2019 but then please come back to us we'll treat you better this time, baby, we promise.

This is so depressing. Someone please light a fire under these guys. If I were in charge, I'd make the following changes:

- Small, incremental, weekly balance adjustments.
- A dedicated community communicating person for just the sandbox team.
- A literal list of goals that is specific and updated daily with progress.

And Bungie, if your game's backend doesn't support updates of this frequency, you need to write a new backend for Destiny 3, because this is the kind of attention an investment game needs. I know that's asking a lot, but then again, you keep asking us to wait around for you to get your shit together after you've taken our money and, frankly, I'm not impressed.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread