Josh Hamrick translated (Destiny)

by Harmanimus @, Sunday, January 21, 2018, 18:17 (2279 days ago) @ Korny

since they'd be able to provide more frequent tweaks, even on a per-weapon basis! And we've seen absolutely none of that. Even Prometheus Lens took them a week to tweak, and has yet to be fixed over a month later.

Pretty sure we've had more in-game tweaks in D2 than we ever got with D1. Also, easier or more frequent tweaks from a technical standpoint doesn't account for balancing and testing. I don't think they ever intended it to mean instant changes. Also, the Prometheus Lens patch is hitting on the 30th. How long did it take to nerf Thorn, let alone balance it?

bi-weekly stream . . . immediate and distant goals . . . substance

I am totally behind this suggestion. Albeit I think bi-weekly may be more often than is reasonable depending on what one considers substance. I would also appreciate an increased rate of Podcasts, because those usually bring a lot of juicy details to the front.

Vagueness is terrible . . . "we plan to make changes before the end of the year", but that doesn't give us anything to look forward to . . . things that they are tied to become irrelevant . . .

Now, as obviously this is taking a negative tone at the front (with or without merit I will not judge) I would say that the choice to not provide specifics is, in many cases, better for them than to not give specifics. The internet is full of lockjaws. They bite on to the first thing you say and enshrine it as gospel. Bungie is already trying to keep Vanilla content relevant. At what point is it justified to move forward with development?

. . . How is this clear or "well-defined" in any way?

They are clearest and well-defined in regard to their development. Nothing he says is that they are ready to be divulged to the public? But it is clear and well-defined that they are in-progress on a pass on Exotics. Do you want them to list out all the specific considerations they have for what they can do to modify Exotics to make them more powerful and enticing to use? What happens when that list is all over the internet and a bunch of peoples lockjawed ideas don't make the cut? Or when that idea makes it into a different Exotic at a later date which better fits thematically with changes that is now behind the dreaded DLC wall? How would any of that benefit Bungie?

. . . changes this season, so... nothing to look forward to?

Bungie said back at Twitchcon when they announced most of the details of Seasons that major balance passes would be occurring with each season change. That hasn't changed since October. But they have done a targeted change on a game breaker.

. . . have a plan, when you had already told us that you had a plan . . .

They had previously talked about updating mods and reducing redundancy, I think that was all they touched on. This one literally includes the following:

. . . open their requirements up significantly allowing them to be more potent in ways that you’ll end up feeling directly in your ability uptime . . .

Which is more than information than we previously had on their goals for mod reworks. That is a tangible, referenced effect. In the same way that they were initially discussing Masterwork armor they spoke about changing the roll (Mob/Res/Rec) around, but only later did they address that they had decided to increase your damage resistance with an active Super.

. . . or literally anything. "People are working." ... That's communication?

I'm going to assume that this is mostly for dramatic effect and attempting to hammer down the point that you don't like that they aren't telling you more. But we have left "the first items on the list" which are "the clearest and well defined" items on their list. Less solid details means less they can provide to the wild.

Like what? Can you specify a single thing? One single thing?

Just like the number of licks to the center of a Tootsie-Pop, the world may never know. Groundwork is just that and may-or-may-not bear fruit.

Buddy, you have fewer people showing up every week . . .

So, every game hits a point where it loses population, and major releases and events usually spike populations back up. They're still floating around a million players daily, even with the salt mines people keep digging up. This is a ridiculous bag of cats to open in complaint that they still want people to continue providing them feedback.

And, being blunt, them putting in no new information you specifically consider sufficient to appease your want for information doesn't mean that they aren't providing any new information. Even week-to-week and now with folks more actively engaging in social media there are still bits to be gleaned.

I think a lot of people here are willing to give Bungie the benefit of the doubt so long as they feel sufficiently informed. But while this is a generally more dedicated location, it isn't the same volume of a platform as other social locations, content creators, etc. and for Bungie to start over-promising right when most people are being the most acidic and critical regarding the game would probably be much, much worse. I'll agree that getting a larger community team (because that is what Bungie is advertising for, growth, as Deej and Cozmo are both gonna still be around) is probably in their best interest. But they have always been a buffer and/or interface with the folks actually in development. It is important, however, to acknowledge what they are doing regarding communication instead of just claiming that they still aren't doing enough.

And that last bit was a general statement. Not to you specifically.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread