Forge. (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, January 29, 2018, 13:45 (2277 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Although I think this would be awesome, I can't imagine how much work it would take to make something like forge for Destiny. Not to mention, think about how many assets/models/lighting there could possible be in Halo compared to Destiny... It's gotta be a TON. Sure, they could give Destiny Forge a subset of assets for the community to work with... but... I don't know. I think it would be cool still

it all depends how modular it is
if it's very modular it should be easy, barring some strange bugs
if it's not that modular they'd have to pull the code apart and possibly the models and even the textures, which can be anywhere from "kind of difficult" to "a task not meant for mortal man"
it should be very modular because that makes it easier for mapmakers and programmers in the company, but I remember some kerfuffle in D1 about having to rewrite their own tools and go about everything the hard way, despite the fact I thought they learned that lesson with Halo, so maybe they didn't make things appropriately modular

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread