Forge... but not without some help. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 29, 2018, 15:12 (2278 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I think you hit the nail on the head. There is something missing from D2 and potentially nobody knows what it is, not even Bungie. Then there's times where it seems like, if there weren't complaint threads, then this forum would go days without a new post. Yet, when you look at current active users, there are plenty of people. As I type this there are 15 registered and 88 guests. So people are here, they just don't have anything to say about the game...except complain.

It's missing that "IT" factor...whatever IT is.

Is there a solution to this?
Is it possible to figure out what the IT factor is?
Instead of looking at Bungie to fix everything, is there something we can do?
How do we play D2 differently than we did D1? I know I can think of many examples here...is the IT factor hiding inside one of these details?
Is the IT factor a bunch of little factors?

These might be rhetorical questions, I don't know.

Forge mode revolutionized content (as far as I know). The fans made the content, because they got to learn (in a much simpler package) that creating things is SO MUCH FUN!

What is one of the biggest constant gripes about Destiny? Content.

I spent several hundred hours in Forge mode with Halo Reach, but I’m not sure I’d have any desire to use a Forge mode in Destiny.

Granted, a lot of my Forge time in Reach was spent building sets and locations for my machinima, which is a bit of a niche usage. But to that end, Destiny doesn’t have a theatre mode either, so the sort of machinima I’d be interested in making is a non-starter.

That said, I also got heavily into forging Racetracks in Halo Reach, as well as organizing community race nights. I might mess around with something like that in Destiny, were it available, but I doubt I’d get into it much. I don’t actually enjoy sparrow racing (Destiny’s physics make it more frustrating than anything else, IMO)

Aside from that stuff, the most fun I had c/o Forge mode was playing some of the wild and crazy gameypes that talented forgers would come up with... and those creations require in-depth custom game options, which Destiny also lacks.

So for me, that’s sort of the crux of this particular issue. Forge is awesome, but without the custom game and theatre features of the Halo series, I don’t know how much vitality Forge can add all by itself.

...also I miss Pete. ;_; *quack quack*

You and me both. I miss him, and I also miss his creations. Playing his “Onslaught” mode with him was the most fun I ever had in Halo 4.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread