Forge. (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, January 22, 2018, 13:49 (2280 days ago) @ Harmanimus

It would be great. I would love to see a fan-content support pipeline built into Destiny. Albeit I'd point more toward Snap-Map than Forge as a core. Forge does a lot of neat things, I spent a lot of time in it. But it was focused on competitive play. It might be quite refreshing for fan-built Dungeons or Survival modes or other content to become something that Bungie could really embrace to aid in the perceived lack of content (I think there is still quite a bit there, just underutilized/rewarded to keep people going to it) and to keep a lot of things fresh.

Either way, I think whatever approach would benefit Bungie greatly with direct community involvement.

Something like forge, a community content creation tool really needs to be built into a game from the get go, otherwise it would take a TON of work. Not just for the tool itself but also how it integrates into the game. If they haven't got more than half of that work done already I would give it a 5% chance/hail marry that it ever exists. I don't mean to sound like a downer, but I'm just thinking realistically it's not likely to happen.

I mean, I WANT it to happen, but I highly doubt it will.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread