This has been my biggest fear. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, January 22, 2018, 13:39 (2284 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I haven't said anything recently, but yeah, the negativity is really, really starting to get to me. It's the same half-dozen people, with the same arguments, over and over and over and over and over again. (And I'm sure there'll be a response to THIS post, saying "but I only jump in when something new happens!")

I played (alone, because I didn't see anyone on) last night on the PS4, for a few hours. I tried to solo the Nightfall. (I was unsuccessful, but I really enjoyed the attempts.) I played some Crucible. I did a few public events.

I earned enough tokens to flesh out a full armor set for the Rally Faction, and hope to find a couple of people this evening to run the Nightfall for real.

I had fun.

I'm at a point where I feel like all of the arguments about Bungie not communicating, not making the changes that people want to see, focusing too much on microtransactions... they've been made. I don't want to see them any more. (I'm not saying that as the admin here - "I don't want to see you discussing this topic any more!" - I'm saying that as a fan, who's tired of reading the same damn shit in thread after thread after thread.)

I'm thinking it might be time to turn DBO over to someone else. I don't connect with the way enough of you think any more, and I feel like your lack of enjoyment is making MY lack of enjoyment imminent. I don't want that to happen, so I think it's time to step away.

If there's someone who'd be interested in taking over the day-to-day (let's be honest, week-to-week) stuff here... let me know.

One one hand; NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

On the other; It's going to happen sooner or later any way.

Honestly as far as DBO goes, the biggest determent has been how the Story has been handled. If there was more of that, if Bungie hadn't of flipped on what the Story was going to be and all, there would be more posts on "What if" in the story to balance out the salt. A high salt diet isn't healthy all.

I mean, we're fans. What else can we do when the source of our fandom... sputters.

I expect a huge post of excitement when the Destiny 2 Ending cutscene becomes a released event. And it will be nice... or at least the idea of it is nice. One of the few things that brings my hair to attention - well the little I have anyway. :P

It's funny... this game was made to be social, but its often a very lonely experience for me. Yet for Halo... aw man. Nothing comes close to the social experience of Halo. It wasn't planned, it just worked.

Come on Bungie. Get your act together.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread