^This has been my ACTUAL biggest fear... (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, January 22, 2018, 14:00 (2285 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Kermit, Monday, January 22, 2018, 14:07

that a fan with the resources and talents that you have, not least of which is a great reservoir of patience, would run out of it.

I don't mean to give too much credit, but you are a big part of the tenor and tone of this place, which is something that sets this place apart from many other fan sites.

Of course you should do it only as long as it is fun for you, but I'll say what has been said by others before--you have been a paragon of how to lead a community with humility and grace, and you've set an example for other admins, who also do a pretty good job of staying humble and avoiding the temptations that come with power. This is uncommon. I know you have gently nudged more than one young person toward maturity, and more than once you've taught this old dog new tricks regarding not assuming the worst of people.

I love the DBO community. It's given me so much. I've even made it part of my PSN name, which is about as close to getting a DBO tattoo as you can get without getting one.

Do what you must, and I hope that for all our sakes, our collective mood changes soon.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread