"Exodus Crash" Update (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, May 27, 2018, 10:40 (2132 days ago) @ Ragashingo

• I agree Strikes should be selectable.
  • I empathize with someone not liking a particular Strike.
  • I want everyone to be happy with what they are playing.
  • I am totally ok with the Strike getting reworked, even though I largely disagree that its a probamatic Strike. (I am allowed that difference of opinion, right?)

For the record, I think it's mostly fine, too. I don't care enough to quit out of it when it comes up, unless the other players quit, in which case I'll just leave too instead of waiting around.

But at the same time...

• It ruins my enjoytment when other players actively interfere with my ability to play what I want.

You can play with a fireteam you know won't quit. Not a perfect solution, but you have that option. Players who don't like that strike don't have a way to play strikes at all if they also want to avoid that particular strike (or any particular strike, for that matter). The point is that you have the options and ability to facilitate playing how you want. Those that hate that strike don't. Banning them for that seems shitty.

• It confuses me that quitting, something that has always been regarded as a jerk move, is now suddenly ok because everyone is doing it.
  • It makes me angry that you think I’m in the wrong when all I want is the normal timeouts players get when they quit on others too often. (Temporary bans that have existed since well before Destiny, I might add.)

And it makes me angry that you think players should be punished for not playing a strike they don't like. You started this whole subthread by calling those people selfish poison to the community, when you're solution seems far more selfish.

Again, it's only because Bungie hasn't given players any other option to avoid content they don't like. If we could select strikes like we could in D1, I could get behind timeouts for quitters in the matchmade playlists. But as that's not an option, punishing players for not playing things they don't want to seems over the line for me.

Good day, sir.

Good day!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread