"Exodus Crash" Update (Destiny)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, May 27, 2018, 20:32 (2173 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Yeah. I was thinking about that. I think my perception is a little off after watching a long string of people join then quit at the beginning. At one point I literally could not continue the Strike because the next sections scripting logic would not load because the host player quit out or something. I sat around for a few minutes in a new section with no enemies!

That does suck and should be looked upon. However...

Ultimately, you’re probably right that someone who quits at the end causes more harm that someone who gets out of the way in the beginning.

I believe this is the crux of it. We know there is JIP in place and we feel like quitting ASAP lands you a better chance to get someone who will enjoy running the strike with you. This sentiment falls apart, of course, when the vast majority of people won't enjoy it and quit too. Which is exactly what you're describing is happening. Which, in turn, justifies Bungie's actions, IMO.

Basically, you were collateral damage to an unorganized protest that actually worked.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread