"Exodus Crash" Update (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, May 27, 2018, 19:40 (2161 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I said it before, but how would you feel if the situation was reversed and you could hardly complete something you wanted to play because everyone abandoned you

That would suck. But do you truly love that one particular strike enough to not just write it off occasionally? Or find people to play with you? You have an entirely full clan full of people that'd probably be happy to run strikes with you. I will! I'm running strikes at this very moment, in fact (I really want that ship!).

No. I do mean it. Do you speak D&D? If so, I am a Paladin. Do you speak Mass Effect? If so, I am a Justicar. I want people to respect each other and to be team players and to follow the rules and to avoid harming the experience of other players as much as is reasonably possible. And then I want them to go a step farther in being nice to others.

I think that's a fundamentally flawed way to look at it. We're talking about a video game here. I'm not going to spend thirty minutes, often much more, playing content I don't want to just because you think it's the right thing to do. Join in progress means you'll likely get another player, especially if I quit at the beginning. You not having a fireteam to run with is not inherently more inconvenient or bad than someone else being forced to play a 30+ minute activity they don't want to play.

It's clear we don't see eye to eye on this, and we never will. I just have a problem with suggesting bans for people (temporary or not) when Bungie already chose the better option.

Finally, apology accepted. I’m not looking to make enemies or hold grudges. Just... you know... don’t take the cheap shot next time. :)

But it's right there in my name!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread