Think of Savathûn's Song (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 10:10 (2153 days ago) @ ZackDark

The boss fight has arguably the same broad mechanic. However, if I were to choose which of the two is more fun, the Big Ol' Shriekers is the easiest choice ever. Why? I'm not sure yet. Maybe it has more cover? More trash mob to have fun with? No suppression mechanic? All of the above together?

I was about to reply with all of the ways they're completely different, but then I realized I never considered anything before the part where you take the void ball thing up to the tower and get to shoot the boss until it dies as part of the actual boss fight. It just seemed like the warm-up before the fight. Taking that part into consideration, the Xol fight is also pretty similar, except not only are there chunks of the fight where you can't damage the boss, but there's even a bit where the invincible boss roams around the map and tries to kill you. Somehow, though, I still find Xol and Savathûn to be far less annoying than Thaviks.

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread