"Exodus Crash" Update (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, May 27, 2018, 14:22 (2161 days ago) @ narcogen

There is no way Bungie should be banning people for leaving a strike before completion when it lasts more than an hour, and that is going on. Those that are leaving immediately are doing so because they want to avoid that.

I think what we’re really seeing is that randomly combining modifiers with no regard to how a Strike actually plays is a bad idea. Clearly, Exodus Crash does not have to take an hour. The boss fight when does with competent blueberries takes under 5 minutes when the challenges are reasonable. If a Strike is so hard it takes a good team an hour to beat the final room then that version of the Strike is broken, in my opinion.

I certainly don’t advocate staying in a Strike if the people you are paired with aren’t capable of beating it. I also frequently quit out if the people I’m matched with keep dying by running far ahead or they refuse to move to the next area or they shoot at me constantly for no reason or try to team kill me. I had all of those happen today so I left then reported each and every one of them them via Destiny and Xbox Live under the appropriate categories.

There are times and places and reasons to leave a Strike. But right at the beginning? Without even knowing if you’re playing with skilled team players or incompetent sabatoging losers? Yeah... that is not one of those reasons to leave.

They could also turn MM off for those activities-- problem solved!

Matchmaking helps players who don’t have friends to play with. Turning it off just solves a problem for some but creates a new one for a lot of others.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread