"Exodus Crash" Update (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Sunday, May 27, 2018, 13:20 (2157 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Why is it ok to make other players’ experiences worse if not make the game unplayable for them? Because that is what happens when people leave a Strike or Crucible match.

Conversely, that's what happens when you add matchmaking to strikes.

Look, I’ll meet you half way. Over Destiny’s life, there’s been at least two Crucible maps I thought were just totally unbalanced in favor of one team. Eventually one or maybe both of them were removed from matchmaking and I was happy. So, sure, I fully get why people are happy this Strike is going away.

Crucible matches last, what, ten minutes?

You can go into Heroic Strikes now and end up at the final boss with a lone player who has been there for HOURS, with a total player list of up to a dozen. Sometimes it's Exodus Crash, but it could be almost any strike with a combination of modifiers that are both challenging AND not fun (trickle, blackout, inertia).

But, if your position is really that it’s ok to screw over other players in matchmaking because you don’t like some content... well then, I strongly disagree. If this Strike was bugged or impossible to complete then, sure, I might also be in favor of skipping it. But that’s not the case. And I stand by my opinion. Anyone who skips and leaves other players to face perfectly playable content on their own is a jerk and deserves a temporary ban.

There is no way Bungie should be banning people for leaving a strike before completion when it lasts more than an hour, and that is going on. Those that are leaving immediately are doing so because they want to avoid that.

They could also turn MM off for those activities-- problem solved!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread