There are options to make it way more efficient. (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 11:16 (2143 days ago) @ kidtsunami

So I really liked how Faction Rally played this week, but I do have to chime in and gripe a bit about the grind to 50. Unfortunately, this week contained a lot of work and a wedding to travel cross-country for, so I wasn't able to get even half way to 50. Considering it is an account-wide pledge and the rally only runs three times, it is VERY difficult to conceivably acquire all of the goods. Wish that either the rally lasted longer, had ways to participate in a much lesser fashion between rallies, or didn't have a strict of requirements for pledging and attaining gear.

I simply can not afford the time to play every night, so I just will never care about rewards that require me to grind something out over a week. Part of the reason I got into SRL was because it lasted soooo long.

I know I griped about account-wide pledging initally, but I have to say I really love the depth they've added to rallies.

For those that don't feel they have the time, just collect the armor at first. Copping four renown off of a Heroic Public Event and then killing just one high value target or completing one patrol makes pulling full renown really easy. If you plan out what you're going to do (ie Dead Orbit Titans in full gear on Io fighting Taken), a lot of the unlock goals stack. And at that rate you'll likely hit 50 before you hit all the goals, so then you can narrow your focus from that point. And you snag a whole bunch of faction-specific weapons while you're at it. The full-suit bonuses are getting people to dress up for the prom again, just like D1 Iron Banner used to do. I think it's a great touch.

I started off this rally with probably 3 pieces of the DO set, so I was able to take advantage pretty quickly. I ran into more than a few people who had the full set except for the Mark/Bond/Cape; and were struggling because it wouldn't drop for them. It seems like for folks in that boat, the next Rally should go smoother. Given they pledge the same way, I guess.

But looking at it from that perspective, there's still a way to be able to pledge multiple factions in a season and get most (if not all) gear and weapons.

~M

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread