What should I do on Tuesday? (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 09:50 (2131 days ago) @ marmot 1333

My motivation for reporting my results was that Cody's 5-7 hours estimate seemed awfully low to me. I got to rank 32 the first week, which for me meant not playing every day, but doing quite a bit of grinding on that Saturday and Sunday.

I think the math for 7 levels/hour works out if you play every day, when you count daily bonuses and multiple characters. That number goes down as you skip days, because those daily bonuses basically count for 2 free levels/day - there were quite a number of data points on day one last Faction Rally (from Reddit) that showed that 10 hours of constant playing would get you to 50. I think his '5' was an optimistic estimate assuming you 1) played every day, and 2) were SUPER-efficient during your activities. (That is: I think it's possible. I don't think it's easy.) Like I said, I averaged about 7 levels/hour last night, in ONE day. (That average would have gone down with each additional hour played, of course, because the initial bump would count for less and less.)

So a question: Looting a LS with a full stack gets you 10 tokens, but doing a heroic PE gets 5. It seems much faster to just do PEs. What are people's strategies for that?

Doing a heroic PE gets 5 - and there is ALWAYS time to run the lost sector afterward before the next one starts. (Well, 'always' is really only true when you pick PEs near easy lost sectors. :) ) Get the 15, not just the 5.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread