Anti Extinction (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 05:57 (2142 days ago) @ Malagate

For those that don't feel they have the time, just collect the armor at first. Copping four renown off of a Heroic Public Event and then killing just one high value target or completing one patrol makes pulling full renown really easy. If you plan out what you're going to do (ie Dead Orbit Titans in full gear on Io fighting Taken), a lot of the unlock goals stack. And at that rate you'll likely hit 50 before you hit all the goals, so then you can narrow your focus from that point. And you snag a whole bunch of faction-specific weapons while you're at it. The full-suit bonuses are getting people to dress up for the prom again, just like D1 Iron Banner used to do. I think it's a great touch.

I started off this rally with probably 3 pieces of the DO set, so I was able to take advantage pretty quickly. I ran into more than a few people who had the full set except for the Mark/Bond/Cape; and were struggling because it wouldn't drop for them. It seems like for folks in that boat, the next Rally should go smoother. Given they pledge the same way, I guess.

I was a bit confused about that. The requirement for DO was wearing the "anti-extinction" set, but I never saw an "anti-extinction" cape. There was a DO cape that dropped, and I wore it, and I believe I was getting the 4 renown for heroic events, but I'm not sure I wasn't getting it without the cape-- which made me wonder if the "extinction set" was only the other items and there wasn't a cape, or if the DO cape that wasn't labeled "anti-extinction" counted.

At any rate, I think the point was to offer some things that... well, not everybody would be able to get. There are already redditors screaming blue bloody murder just at the *thought* that Y1 gear might be light-capped, because they wanted to make sure that Destiny 2 players returning to the game for Forsaken wouldn't be on a level playing field with those who stayed with the game.

I think there needs to be a balance between providing unique rewards for people who feel compelled to play a lot, tick all the boxes, what have you, while still remaining friendly and accessible to new, returning, and more (ahem) "casual" players.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread