Mask of Bakris is for Offense (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, December 06, 2020, 12:38 (1227 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It was the main exotic I was excited to get.

I ran that Lost Sector over 20 times to get it. Only to find out two reasons it blows.

First is that it has a 10 second cool down before your dodge even starts to recharge. So my max mobility build has a 21 second dodge and instead of an 11 second.

What a dumb load of horseshit.

An observation I've made. I should note, I have yet to get hands on time with the Mask of Bakris Exotic.

The Mask of Bakris is for offense, and in fact such seems true for all Class abilities under Stasis, be they with an additional exotic or not. With the added ability to "do something" at the thing trying to get you, the class ability has gone from a pure defensive measure to offensive as well. It also could be argued that exotics involving Stasis are more selfish in play style, but there is too few to make that solid distinction yet.

Anywho, the Mask of Bakris is for offense and I say this because of what is supposed to happen during that 10 second cool down. During that time, any Arc Damage based weapon gets a damage boost. Why Arc? No flippen' idea. But, I seem to recall you have a pretty nice sidearm you hang on to that I think hasn't been sunset yet.

It's a completely new hunter playstyle, I know. Playing a Hunter generally means that if someone sneezes you dodge just in case, but that's not something you can do with this exotic. An' THANK FLIPP'N GOODNESS! Last thing ANYONE needs to see in PvP are Overload Captains with slightly better AI. ;D

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread