I completely agree. But... (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, December 07, 2020, 09:08 (1228 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

That’s not what I meant. I’m not calling you an idiot, that was a general you. I am sorry. My language is harsh, and I understand how it’s read that way.

I mean that this is a game almost explicitly designed to make people feel better than they are. That includes me. I’m not anywhere near top tier at this game. I’ve never gone Flawless and I don’t really expect to.

My point is that this discussion is silly to begin with. Destiny is not a game that is well considered from a competitive perspective. I don’t think it’s supposed to be. It’s a game that is focused around the mid-tier, of not quite the lowest common denominator. The amount of tracking that nearly every ability has is very generous. Shoulder charge can turn what feels like 90 degrees to hit someone who should have been well clear. Dodge is basically an instant leave button to get around corners and behind cover. Celestial Fire can damn near cross map people and Handheld Supernova still feels cheap.

Mid-level Destiny doesn’t feel like play, counter play—it’s a bunch of monkeys running around taking turns hitting their own brand of instant wins at each other until one side has managed to do it more.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread