I completely agree. But... (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, December 07, 2020, 08:23 (1228 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV
edited by cheapLEY, Monday, December 07, 2020, 08:30

What?

Shoulder charge is a mostly brain dead ability, assuming even a base level of awareness and competence. The only real risk to it is that the person you’re charging might have a shotgun. That’s it. Unless you’re an idiot and try to charge from way too far away. It’s not that difficult to charge unassuming players from unexpected angles and get basically free kills.

I changed my mind: if stasis is ruining the fun of shoulder charging Titans, it’s perfect.

Edit: That’s not really a dig at Titans. Dodge is a completely brain dead get out of jail free button most of the time. Destiny is a chaotic shitshow that’s based around making players feel cool when they do stuff, is not a game built around tightly designed ability interaction. It’s a game filled with instant win buttons, and we should stop pretending otherwise, even if it had achieved some semblance of “balance.” Each class having an equal distribution of instant win abilities isn’t the same thing as it being well considered or well designed for competitive play. I’m not even arguing that should be the goal. But damn near no ability in the game is high-risk, high-reward. At best they’re medium-risk, high-reward, and most are low-risk, high-reward.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread