I completely agree. But... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, December 08, 2020, 10:41 (1206 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I do want to quickly comment on stasis, since you mentioned it. I firmly believe that stasis is the worst gameplay element that Bungie has ever added to Destiny, and this topic of conversation is a great illustration of why I believe it is so awful. Stasis is the counter to EVERYTHING. It counters every single subclass ability, it shuts down every super, and the only viably consistent counter to stasis is... that’s right, more stasis. The warlock is the worst offender, as every single warlock stasis ability can freeze your opponents. Grenades, melee ability, rift, and super are all universal shutdown abilities that trump any other ability in the game. So rather than play into an interesting rock/paper/scissors dynamic, stasis is just a simple “win button”.

Is Bungie making a point about the dark side being so seductive? :-p At least in Bioshock harvesting was short term gain while saving led to the greatest benefit in the long term.

Kind of, actually. As powerful as Stasis abilities are (and yes, they're win buttons in many cases), they have a much longer cooldown than any other subclass.

That said, those longer cooldowns are negated by how successful your guardian is at getting kills, which feeds your Super frequency, and across the board, those are far more successful than any other subclass Supers.

It's a tangled web they weave.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread