I completely agree. But... (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, December 07, 2020, 12:39 (1235 days ago) @ Claude Errera

What?

Shoulder charge is a mostly brain dead ability, assuming even a base level of awareness and competence. The only real risk to it is that the person you’re charging might have a shotgun. That’s it. Unless you’re an idiot and try to charge from way too far away. It’s not that difficult to charge unassuming players from unexpected angles and get basically free kills.

See, it's hyperbole like this that keeps me out of these discussions.

I was a Titan main (and by 'main' I mean that 90+% of ALL gameplay I participated in, I was a Titan) for the first year of Destiny 1. I'm more spread out now - but I still play my Titan a lot.

And I'm TERRIBLE at shoulder charge. I've tried - it's not that I haven't tried. I'm just not good at it. I don't know of any sites that keep track of stuff like shoulder charge kills... but I'd bet that in D2 Crucible, I've got fewer than 25 (out of nearly 100,000 crucible kills). Again - it's not because I don't WANT to use it. It's not because I don't TRY to use it. It's because for me, it almost never works. I overshoot, I undershoot. I actually HIT my target but don't do enough damage. The ways I fail are far more numerous than the ways I succeed.

I'm not the BEST crucible player out there, but I'm far from the worst - and to have someone tell me that it's a brain-dead ability, providing free kills unless I'm an idiot... well, that just makes me feel bad.

You're wrong. Not partially wrong, not conditionally wrong, just wrong. Period. It is NOT a brain-dead ability. It is NOT free kills. I am living proof of that.

Basically exactly how I felt. Except I get more kills with shoulder charge :D

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread