Oh, but... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 07, 2020, 16:56 (1207 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Maybe, but I’d argue that comes back to the whole awareness part of ability use. Don’t try to shoulder charge into a group of enemies, especially without back up. But I also use dodge aggressively in groups of enemies, too, just to reposition, not necessarily to escape. So it’s not always an escape ability.

I don’t disagree that Dodge is probably a “safer” ability, as it can be an escape ability. Shoulder charge may indeed be the most “high-risk” ability, but I think calling it high-risk is an overstatement.

FWIW, this is mostly theoretical to me, and centered around playing something like Control, not Trials. Control is chaotic enough that basically nothing is high-risk—there’s always someone to ambush, and a single death from a missed ability isn’t a huge cost anyway. This conversation changed entirely when centered around top tier play, but I couldn’t weigh in on that discussion.

I was going to say, I don’t think I’ve ever used dodge to move behind cover, lol.

On the flip side, I constantly use shoulder charge for exactly that (quick mid-air turn and dash through a doorway to escape an enemy firing lane).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread